I don't know how we're in the month of October already. I don't know what happened to September. I blinked, and it was just gone, and here we are taking stock of the month.
Let's look at my goals from September:
Complete Written Requirements for Black Belt Exam
Let's take a look at what that means:
- Pass CPR/First Aid Certification - Complete
- Pass Ethics Exam - Complete
- Get letter from federation recognizing eligibilty - Complete
- Put together log of mat activities - Complete
- Participate in mat contest - Complete
- Complete jujitsu notebook - 90% complete
- Get letter of recognition from sensei - Complete
- Application for exam - Still pending
Not too shabby. Everything else will get completed this week since the exam is a week from today!
I was shocked to receive my dojo promotion to black belt this month as well; I just didn't expect that until the week of the exam. I also found out this morning that I was awarded a scholarship to cover the actual exam fee.
Pass Written Massage Exams
I have to admit that I failed two of the three the first time I took them. My sensei handed them to me the day I had flown back from Las Vegas, and I'd had all of three hours of sleep.
After a good night's sleep and an evening of review, I'm happy to report that I passed the exams with flying colors.
I bet you can guess what the big goals are for the month:
- Pass black belt exam
- Pass hands-on massage exam
I also need to send three big email campaigns at work regarding the upcoming Medicare and health insurance enrollment periods. Work life is about to get crazy.