Happy Monday! Or I'm calling today Money Monday because I'm going through my bills at work. I've signed new contracts, renewed a few subscriptions and ended others. You know the phrase, "eat that frog"? Well, I've been eating frog most of the morning, but it has to be done.
I don't mind though because it means that I start my week feeling accomplished. Speaking of accomplished, I'd like to brag on my December goals for a moment. I achieved 4 out of 5 goals:
Bake Christmas cookies - Achieved
I made chocolate chip M&M, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter blossoms and cappuccino flats.
I re-watch the Harry Potter movies every year during the holiday season while working on handmade gifts. I actually finished a whole week before Christmas this year.
Graphic created for me courtesy of Casper
Ride in the Christmas parade - Achieved
Get crafty to display holiday cards - Achieved
I need to take a final photo before I take it down this week. We ran out of clothespins and space!
Hang mistletoe - Incomplete
Only because I refused to let the Mister climb a tree to retrieve some. Surprisingly, none of the local craft/decor store sold artificial mistletoe.
So what's on tap for January?
If you read my post yesterday about my major goals for 2016, then you know that I plan to create sub-goals or action steps to help me move toward them. (See my word of the year post to learn more about how I'm setting goals.)
- Complete the first four weeks of runs in the Couch to 5K training app. Continue to check in with my accountability partner.
- Update jujitsu notebook and turn in for my sensei to review.
- Finish researching Etsy setup fees. Pick a name. Get tax questions together for my accountant.
- Finish up December crochet orders and mail them.
- Read 2 books: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey (one is for a Periscope book club)
- Go through "A" client files and work and move them to the new database.
- Get business tax info together for the accountant.
As you can see, I'm not being as lenient on myself as last month. It's a new year, and I have big goals, so I have to work hard. The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
I'm linking up with My So-Called Chaos and A Peek in Karen's World for the Monthly Goals party. Click the button to link up and join the fun.
How did you do with your December goals? What are your goals for the month?