"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. " ~Ayn Rand
I actually owe you updates for the last two weeks, so let's get started.
I didn't post fitness stats when I started in January, but I will now. Here is what I started with on Jan. 1:
Weight: 155 lbs.
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 40.5 inches
I don't plan to take measurements weekly, just my weight, but Sunday was the 3 month mark for the wedding so I figured that was a good time to re-measure for a monthly assessment. So, as of Jan. 17:
Weight: 150 lbs.
Waist: 31 inches
Hips: 40.5 inches
1. Eat breakfast every morning within an hour of getting up. We're 19 days into January, and I think I've missed 1 breakfast. That's a big accomplishment for me, but what I'm not doing so good with is eating within an hour of getting up. I need to work on that.
2. Taking my vitamins every day. I think I've missed one or two days. The Mister has started taking a multi as well, so we're doing this together.
3. Get at least 20 minutes of exercise everyday. I'm not there yet. I'm averaging about 4 days, but that's not going to cut it. I really need it to be more like everyday--6 days at the least. I'm going to keep pushing here. I started Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred yesterday. That woman is tough! But I like how my body is feeling sore in a good way this morning. I'm planning to alternate The Shred with my running days.
4. Drink at least a liter of water a day and two on the days that I do cardio or strength training-basically 1-2 Nalgene bottles. I'm consistently meeting this goal; in fact, I'm drinking 3 Nalgene bottles on the days that I'm working out. What I'm trying to focus on is making sure that I drink a full Nalgene bottle within the hour before working out, especially on cardio days. I can feel the difference in how my run feels if I haven't had water before I get to the gym. It makes for a very hard run.
5. At least until my wedding, I'm not going to be drinking any beer. I'm good on this too. We even went to trivia last week, and I had no problem passing on the beer. I'm not going to lie though, I was jealous because everyone else was enjoying a rare brown ale that won't be around after the wedding.
6. French fries, those are also gone until the wedding. No problems here either. Though the waiter brought them to meal with my meal anyway on Saturday; I sent them back to the kitchen, just to avoid the temptation. The Mister says I looked like a recovering alcoholic who just had a drink set in front of him. I think he's crazy. Actually, I haven't had any fast food at all this year.
7. NEW GOAL: Eat at least 5 servings of fruits & veggies everyday. I've been tracking my goals on dailymile and sparkpeople, and I realized that this has not been a high enough priority in my diet. The health benefits to making this a solid part of my diet are just too great to put this off until February. So as of yesterday, I've met this goal so far.
So there we have it, I'm doing pretty good with everything except working out as much as I'd like, but I'm going to get there!